Khurram Ali Shafique has thrice received the Presidential Iqbal Award for his ground-breaking research. He is also the pioneer of online courses in Iqbal Studies, which he offers internationally from Marghdeen, the online Iqbal Studies Centre founded by him in 2011. He was a research consultant with Iqbal Academy Pakistan from 2003 to 2015. He has delivered talks at international forums including the universities of Cambridge, Oxford and Warwick in UK, and at various conferences and seminars in Iran, Mauritius, Hong Kong and India.
He is also is the writer, producer and director of Jinnah: The True Story.
He started his career as an educationist, receiving training as a trainer from Jordanhill College of Education, Strathclyde University, Glasgow (UK) in 1990. As an educationist he worked for several institutions in Pakistan in the areas of teacher-training and curriculum design, including Teachers’ Resource Centre, Aga Khan Education Service – Pakistan, Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences, Beaconhouse Schools System and Nasra School Network, among others.
He has also written screenplays for television, mostly aired from private channels including Indus TV, Geo, ARY and Aaj. One of his best-known screenplays is Iqbal: an Approach to Pakistan, a biopic of Iqbal produced by Iqbal Academy Pakistan. Serials written by him included adaptations of Persian classics from Nezami Ganjavi and Ferdowsi to the present-day settings. Layla Majnun, Shirin Khusro, Iskandarnameh and Rustam-o-Sohrab are among the classics adapted by him.
- Waheed Murad: His Life and Our Times (2015)
- Iqbal: His Life and Our Times (2014)
- 2017: The Battle for Marghdeen (2012)
- The Republic of Rumi: A Novel of Reality (2007)
- The Beast and the Lion (2007)
- Shakespeare According to Iqbal (2010)
- Iqbal: an Illustrated Biography (2006)
- The Topline’s Junior Social Studies Programme, Revised Edition (2012). Set of five volumes.
- Topline Secondary Social Studies Programme, Revised Edition (2012). Set of three volumes.
- See more books…
Articles and papers
Online courses as facilitator
Press and citations
Writings in Urdu
Videos and vlogs
Khurram Ali Shafique also disseminates his research through non-print mediums, especially videos and vlogs. Visit his YouTube channel, KhurramsDesk, for details.